It's been so long since I have been able to sit and blog regularly.. Here's what has been happening.. I'll put it into time line format:
- July 5, 2017, During the day, I feel a strange "electrical" pop in my right wrist while doing house work. The pain subsides, but returns vigorously that evening during doubles.
- Over the next couple of weeks, the "pop" is gone, yet the pain comes and goes. I make an appointment, and am referred to a specialist.
- In October of 2017, I see the specialist for the first time. He orders an X-ray, and I adamantly tell him that they won't find anything on the X-ray, I request an MRI. The specialist tells me that he does not feel that an MRI is warranted, and I need to take time off tennis. He orders me into PT.
- I complete all of my PT sessions (star student) and at which point, the therapist tells me I have "plateaued" with PT. She forwards me to special hand PT. I complete one session.
- The hand therapist and I do not see eye to eye... I quit hand therapy after she tells me I have "an 8 month injury", but cannot tell me what injury I have. I call BS.
- On my own accord, I start going to acupuncture and Egoscue therapy. Out of pocket. My pockets are subsequently emptied (they are still empty as I write this LOL).
- In March of 2018, I email the specialist. I request an MRI because I have patiently waited the time they told me wait two more months....no MRI is needed.
- In July 2017, still feeling like garbage, I request to see the specialist again. He finally agrees I need an MRI.
- August 2018- I spend an hour in the "tube"...stretched out like a cow hanging in a butchers shop. Getting an MRI on your wrist and forearm SUCKS.
- August 2018- The results- "severe tendon displacement in the right wrist.. referral to a surgeon to weigh options". Insert mega frown here.
I get to see the surgeon in late October (Seriously....could we move any faster healthcare system??) So THAT my friends, is the story on why my new paintings are coming sllloooowww and why I am not editing new online mixed media workshops at the moment. Sitting at the computer kills me...I can't even imagine hours sitting her editing footage.
Are you there? Seems like no one is reading blogs lately.... but here is my story anyway. Would love to hear from you. I'm sure as heck not hitting any tennis balls, I can barely hold a pen and write...however, I can communicate online and especially if you need help in your online workshops.
See you soon!